2014 Parade Theme
"Honoring Brothers and Sisters Everywhere"
Jayne Letts with the Big Brothers and Big Sisters Organization
Negaunee Irontown Association invites you and your organization to participate in this year's Pioneer Days Parade. Any type of entry, large or small is welcome.
Please complete registration from and and return by June 30th.
2014 Pioneer Days Listing of Events
Saturday, July 5
• Teal Lake Paddle- 9a.m.-3p.m. on the East shore. Morning Races and afternoon treasure hunt. Visit www. Negauneelions.com /teal-lake paddle. Cost $35. Contact Neil Lync 362-5555
• NHS Class of 1984- will meet at 7p.m. at Pasquali’s. Cost Free Facebook: Negaunee High School Class of 1984
Sunday, July 6
• Dedication of Samuel Collins Log Cabin will meet at site of Cabin on Tobin at 2p.m. Cost Free Contact Dave Dompierre/ 204-0017
Monday, July 7
• Alumni softball games will take place at LaCombe Field, beginning at 6 p.m.
Tuesday, July 8
• NHS Class of 1944 will meet at 10:30a.m. at the Negaunee Senior Center. Cost Free Contact Bob Tonkin/ 906-524-6826
• Negaunee Senior Center will host Senior Appreciation Day with live entertainment and free refreshments at 1:00p.m. Cost Free Contact 475-6266
• NHS Class of 1948 will meet from 1-2:30p.m. at the Negaunee Senior Center. Cost Free Contact Marge Bantle/ 906-828-1406 and Keith Wangberg/ 475-6833
• Michigan Iron Industry Museum will host “Afternoons at the Museum: A report on local miners and mines during the Great Depression and WWII” at 2p.m. Cost Free Contact 475-7857
• Wine Tasting Party will take place at VFW Post 3165 from 6p.m.-8p.m. Cost $12 Contact Dean Maki/ 475-5197
Wednesday, July 9
• 65th NHS & St. Paul’s Class of 1949 will meet at 9:30a.m. at Buck’s Restaurant in Ishpeming. Contact Donald Elks/ 475-6470
• NHS Class of 1951 Annual Pioneer Days Class Coffee, 9:30a.m. at the Negaunee Senior Center. Cost $3. Contact Marion Olson/ 485-1178 or 250-7141
• NHS Class of 1946 will meet for coffee 10a.m. at the Negaunee Senior Center. Contact Millly/ 475-4273
• NHS Class of 1952 will meet for coffee, sweets and fruit from 10a.m- noon. at the Negaunee Senior Center. Cost Donation. Contact Donna Champion/ 486-9455
• Negaunee Historical Museum will have free admission for senior citizens from 10:00a.m.to 4:00p.m. Contact Virginia Paulson
• Salad Luncheon will be held from 11:30a.m.-1:30p.m. at Immanuel Lutheran Church on US-41. Cost is $5.
• Negaunee Senior Center will offer a pasty pie luncheon, open to the public, at 11:30a.m. Cost is $5.50 senior/$6.50 public. Contact 475-6266
• Negaunee Elk’s Kids Bike Parade begins at noon and continues to the Ice Arena. Line-up begins at 11:00a.m. at the corner of Iron Street & Bus. Contact Tim Roth/ 486-4936
• Negaunee Elk’s Kids Day runs from noon to 3:00p.m. at the Negaunee Ice Arena, offering food, games and raffles. Contact Tim Roth/ 486-4936
• Local 4950 Steelworkers will have an open house at Ronn Hall, from noon to 4:00p.m. Food and beverages will be served. Cost Free Contact Bruce Talus/ 485-5288
• Friends of the Negaunee Library need help sorting books from noon to 4:00p.m. at the Negaunee Senior Center. Contact Karen/ 475-9053
• Old-timers Fast Pitch Softball Game begins at 3:00p.m. at LaCombe Field. Negaunee plays Marquette 62 yrs or older. Contact Donald Trudell/ 475-7288
• Pasqualis Cars Show and Cruise will be held at Pasquali’s on Teal Lake Avenue. Drive-in is from 6-9p.m., cruise at 9p.m. Cost Free. Contact Clark Gravedoni/ 475-4466
• NHS Class of 1955 will meet from 3-5p.m. at the Negaunee Elk’s. Cost Donation. Contact Rose Herrala/ 475-9805
• Negaunee City Band will perform at 7:30p.m. at the band shell. Musical delight for all ages. Contact Lori Perry 485-1121
Thursday, July 10
• Friends of the Negaunee Library will have their annual used book sale from 9:00a.m.-3:00 p.m. at the Negaunee Senior Center. Contact Karen/ 475-9053
• NHS Class of 1957 will meet from 9-11a.m. for a celebration of 57th graduation and 75th birthday at the Negaunee Senior Center. Continental breakfast available for $3.50. Contact Millie Isaacson/ 475-9823
• NHS Class of 1960 will meet at 10 a.m. at the Negaunee Senior Center. Contact Tom/346-3607
• NHS Class of 1961Coffee Social will meet at 10a.m.at the Negaunee Senior Center. Contact Sharon/ 475-6196
• NHS/St. Paul Class of 1956 Coffee Social will meet from 1-3p.m at the Negaunee Senior Center. Contact Bea Matthews/ 250-7610
• Mather “B” Reunion will take place from 1-4p.m. at Barr’s Bar. Contact Goofus
• Mitchell United Methodist Church will host its pie social from 1-3:00p.m. Cost $4. Contact Carol Trudell/ 475-4074
• NHS Class of 1962 will meet at 2:30p.m. at the Negaunee Senior Center to celebrate 70th birthday. Contact Nancy Kurin/ 475-6765
• Central U.P. Fishing Association will have a fish boil from 4-7 p.m. at the Negaunee Elk’s. Cost $10 Contact Tim Roth/ 486-4936
• Negaunee Eagles will host an open house and cookout from noon to 2a.m. Live music by The Cadillacs from 9 p.m.-1a.m. Contact Kevin Johnson/ 475-9584
• Pioneer Princess Pageant begins at 7p.m. in the Negaunee High School Auditorium.
• Social Night begins at 8p.m. in Downtown Negaunee.
Friday, July 11
• NHS Class of 1959 will meet at 10a.m. at the Negaunee Senior Center. Contact 475-9896
• 55th Reunion NHS Class of 1959 will meet at 6p.m. at the Negaunee VFW. Contact 475-9896
• Iron Plat Reunion will take place at 11-2p.m. at the Negaunee Senior Center. Luncheon and program. RSVP Olivia Sleeman/ 475-9365. Cost $10
• 55th Reunion NHS Class of 1959 will meet at 6p.m. at the Negaunee VFW. Contact 475-9896
• NHS Class of 37 will take place @11am at the Negaunee Senior Center. Contact Dick 475-9771
• Historic Home Tours will take place from 1- 4p.m., hosted by the Negaunee Historical Society. Cost $8. Contact Suzanne Morris
• Carnival BINGO will begin at 1p.m. in the Negaunee Senior Center. Concession stand available. Contact 475-6266
• Lakeview Apartments will host an open house and refreshments with apartment tours from 1- 4p.m. Contact Marcia Waters/ 475-9107
• Negaunee Elk’s Lodge will have an open house from 3p.m. to close. Contact Tim Roth
• NHS Class of 1994 20 Year Reunion from 8p.m.-midnight at the Negaunee Elks. Cost is $20. Contact Lisa Violetta/ 475-3126
• Negaunee Eagles will host an open house and class reunion from noon to 2a.m. Live music by The Cadillacs from 9p.m. to 1a.m. Contact Kevin Johnson/ 475-9584
• NHS Class of 1999 15 Year Reunion. Will meet from 5-8p.m. at Negaunee Eagles. Casual event with appetizers. Cost $10 advance at Ma&Pa’s Laundry/$12 at door. Contact Nina Mattila/ 228-6626
• 35th Reunion NHS Class of 1979 will meet at 7p.m. at Pasqualis. Pizza, salad and cash bar. Cost $15 advance/ $20 door. Kay Korpi/ 360-2132.
• Pioneer Days Alumni 5k Fun Run/Walk will take place at 11a.m.at Heritage Trail. Hosted by NHS class of 1994. Suggested $5 donation. Proceeds go to the Matthew Worthington Scholarship Fund. Contact Lisa Violetta/ 475-3126
• Alumni Reunion/ Negaunee Ice Arena Dance will take from 7:30-11:30p.m. Live entertainment opening act Acoustically Challenged and headliner Slave Gravity. Advance Tickets $5- IRHA Board member or Range Bank US 41/ Tickets at Door $6.
• Iron Ore Heritage Bike Tours will take place 10a.m. from Iron Industry Museum to Ishpeming and back. Casual historic interpretive bike tour. Cost $20 Contact 475-7857
Saturday, July 12
• Negaunee Senior Center Breakfast Fundraiser will offer a delicious homemade breakfast from 8-11a.m. Cost is $6.50. Contact 475-6266
• Free Face Painting will take place at Irontown Pasties from 4-7p.m. Contact 475-6828
• 32nd Annual Big Brothers Big Sisters Pioneer Days Run/Walk begins at 8:30a.m. on the Iron Ore Heritage Trail/ Old Towne Park. Cost is $25. 2 mi & 10k Course on Heritage Trail. Contact Jayne Letts/ 475-7801. Register at www.gobigforkids2014.kintera.org
• Negaunee Eagles will have an open house and cookout, beginning at noon-2a.m. Social Night and NHS Class of 89 Reunion. Contact Kevin Johnson/ 475-9584
• Negaunee Elk’s Lodge will host a cookout from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Serving brats, hot dogs, burgers and cudighi. Contact Tim Roth/ 486-4936
• The 35th annual Pioneer Days Parade begins at 11:30a.m. Line-up begins at 10:30a.m. This year’s grand marshall and theme is “Jayne Letts and BBBS, Honoring Brothers and Sisters Everywhere.”
• Knights of Columbus picnic will take place from 11-5p.m. at Columbus Club Hall. Featuring food and a raffle. 52nd annual family Picnic. Contact Tom Flannery/ 458-4848
• Pioneer Days Community Picnic takes place from 1p.m. until dusk at Teal Lake, featuring food, music, children’s activities and more. Live music- Bobby Hayes and the Bloods from 2-4 and Cherry Bombs from 5-7pm.
• Firefighters Tournament begins at 1p.m. at Teal Lake. Contact Steve Asplund/ 475-4141
• Alumni softball finals and championship will take place at LaCombe Field, beginning at 2p.m.
• 50th Reunion NHS Class of 1964 will meet from 6-10p.m. at the Elks Lodge. Finger food and cash bar. Cost $20. Contact Tina Johnson/ 475-4249
• The Negaunee Fireworks Display begins at dusk over Teal Lake.
• Patriotic Music from 7-11 played on Sunny 101.
• The 18th Annual Negaunee Irontown Association Alumni Softball Tournament will be held at LaCombe Field, beginning at 11a.m.on July 5. Weekday games start at 6 p.m. Visit Alumni games tab for more details.
• Carp River Gardens is open daily from 10a.m. - 8p.m. Cost
• Movies at the Vista Theater- .July 5th-11th at 7p.m. Cost $$5 ea. Casablanca 7/5, the Wizard of Oz 7/6, The Goonies 7/7, North by Northwest 7/8, Singing in the Rain 7/9, King Kong 7/10 and Ghostbusters 7/11. Contact Vista Theater/ 475-7188
• VFW Post 3165 Open House- July 7th-12th from 3p.m. - close. Cost- free Air conditioned and relaxed atmosphere. Enclosed patio. Contact Dean Maki/ 475-5197
• The Negaunee Senior Center is open from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. See daily listings for specific events.
• The Negaunee Senior Center –Continental Breakfast July 7th-11th from 9-11a.m. Cost $4 Beverage, Fruit and homemade muffins. Socialize with others in town. Contact 475-6266
• The 6th Annual Pioneer Days Tennis Tournament July 11th-13th at the Arch Street Courts. The event is open to NHS students and alumni. Register by email Negauneetennis@gmail.com. Cost Varies
• 2014 Negaunee Summer Tennis Camp- July 7th-10th at the Tennis Courts by football field. The event is open entering grades 2-12 students. Register by email Negauneetennis@gmail.com. Cost Varies
Save the date:
• July 13, 2014- Breakfast at Negaunee Eagles from 9am -1pm. Breakfast served to order. Cost $7.50 Contact Kevin Johnson/ 475-9584
• NHS Miners Marching Band Alumni Band- September 26th @4:30. Alumni/ Homecoming Football game. Contact Chris Momcilouich/ 269-341-1986
• NHS and St. Pauls Class of 65 -50th Class Reunion- July 10, 2015 @ Negaunee Elks Club. Contact Al Johnson/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Support Pioneer Days and Donate today!